In order to identify potential partners from donor States, entities of Romania may consult the following sources of information:
· A database of NGOs from Norway is available here: http://www.ngonorway.org/bilateral-partnerships/finding-partners
· Identification of partners among local and regional authorities from Norway is available on the website of the Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities / The Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities (KS) - http://www.ks.no/Portaler / EEAGrants / PARTNER-SEARCH /
· Information on potential partners among local authorities in Iceland can be searched on the website of the Icelandic Association of Local Authorities (Icelandic Association of Local Authorities)-http :/ / www.samband.is/um-okkur/english/)
In addition, entities seeking a partner from donor States / Romania, in order to submit a project in partnership under the Programme, may send to the Programme Operator, at email email@example.com, a letter of intent in this regard that will contain information in English relating to organization, the project idea or program areas covered, and contact data (including the name of a person). All letters of interest received will be published on this website section.
Also, at the same e-mail, the entities from Romania and donor States interested to attend matchmaking seminars planned by the Programme Operator (seminars that bring together entities from Romania and donor States, in order to identify project partners) are invited to submit a request to this effect, and the Programme Operator will directly communicate details of the date and the goals of the match-making seminars.
Operator Program will organize matchmaking seminars only if there will be such requests from eligible entities from donor States.
Letters of intent from Romanian entities
1. Romanian Association for Occupational Health and Safety
Romanian Association for Occupational Health and Safety (ARSSM) is a professional, non-governmental, of private possession organization, founded by the approval of Ministry of Labour, which gathers experts in the field of occupational health and safety, organized in the area in trading companies. ARSSM is represented all over the country. The members of association are organizations and legal persons, which have competence in the prevention of occupational accidents and professional diseases. ARSSM's main objective is to promote health and safety at work.
ARSSM is working with a range of organizations to raise awareness, standards. ARSSM is a founding member of the Union of Health and Safety Coordinators in Romania. We are a full member of ENSHPO (European Network of Safety and Health Professional Organizations), and have as partners EU-OSHA Romanian Focal Point and IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health U.K.). ARSSM supports EUSAFE project, aimed at developing a common European health and safety training network.
Some of the main activities of the ARSSM are:
Development of a continuous vocational training centre in OSH field;
Creation of a dialogue among state competent authorities, employers and trade unions;
Promotion of dialogue and close cooperation in the field of occupational health and safety among employers and trade-unions organizations in the field, by organizing meetings, seminars, conferences;
Romanian Association for Occupational Health and Safety is interested to find some partner organisations in the field of occupational health and safety in order to develop projects, share experience and good practices.
2. National Anti-Drug Agency
National Anti-Drug Agency is a specialized body within the Ministry of Internal Affairs, and has judicial personality.
The NAA has the following duties:
- elaborates the National Anti-drugs Strategy and its Action Plan, submits them to the Government for approval and monitors their application;
- outlines, monitors, endorses and co-ordinates the national programmes for countering illicit drug manufacture and trafficking and drug money laundering;
- drafts, monitors, endorses and co-ordinates, if the case may be, the national programmes for preventing illegal drug abuse;
- co-ordinates at national level the prevention activity of the Drug Prevention and Counselling Centres;
- ensures the connections with the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction and other international bodies active in the field;
- performs and co-ordinates, at national level, the activities of collection, analysis and dissemination of data and information on drugs and drug addiction, maintaining legal confidentiality;
During the last five years, NAA had implement over 10 international and national wide projects financed by PHARE, MATRA, EMCDDA, EEA Grants and other EU funds. Total amount of these projects budgets is over 5,5 million euro.
Also, through the national network of 47 local Drug Prevention, and Counseling Centers (CPCA), in cooperation with the local authorities, NAA implemented numerous local/regional projects drugs demand reduction related.
National Anti-Drug Agency is interested to find grants/projects partners, inter alia, in the field of drug abuse prevention, help for children and youth at risk, drug demand reduction, develop the performance of the medical, psychological, social services for drug users trough integrated therapeutic systems and social re-integration of people at risk, exchange of and developing best practices, increasing the role of the community in the actions performed government at national and local level in respect of drugs phenomenon.
Police Quaestor Sorin OPREA, Director
Address: Bd. Unirii nr. 37, bl. A4, Parter, Sector 3, Bucuresti, ROMÂNIA
3. Covasna County Social Care and Child Protection General Directorate
Covasna County Social Care and Child Protection General Directorate is a public institution of county interest in Romania which provides specialized social services for children, elderly, people with disability and other vulnerable groups.
The Directorate develops the county level strategy of social services, establishes new services, sustains the existent ones and coordinates services which promote and support the rights of identified vulnerable groups.
During the last six years Covasna County Social Care and Child Protection General Directorate had implemented 12 projects financed from national and EU funds. Our organization had also been a partner in other relevant region or nation wide projects like: "Come to school" National Campaign.
In the framework of call entitled "Synergies for the future - children at risk" Covasna County Social Care and Child Protection General Directorate would like to submit an application for the development of an integrated system of services in order to improve the quality of life, to reduce social inegalities, combat discrimination and socio-economic exclusion of vulnerable groups. We would like to develop and offer integrated services for about 300 children between the age of 6 -15 years and their parents (about 400 adult persons), at risk in 3 villages and 1 municipium. At least 50% of the target group are Romani people.
For the fulfilment of the above mentioned objectives we propose the following types of services:
- integrated social services to prevent school abandon and foster social inclusion;
- educational services for developing skills for an independent life;
- after school type educational services;
- parents' school;
- sexual education and family planning;
- education for a healthier life;
- combating juvenile delinquency;
- support for disadvantaged children (food and clothes aid, school supplies).
We are looking for partners from Norway for about 2 weeks time training sessions for specialists like service coordinators, social assistants, community workers, psychologists, methodological coordinators, after school service coordinators, educators, community workers, medical assistants, health mediators, who would manage the above mentioned services.
Covasna County Social Care and Child Protection General Directorate
Maria VASS, Director
Address: Ro-520064, Sfântu Gheorghe, strada Presei nr. 8 A, judetul Covasn
Tel./fax: +40 267 314 660,