The Programme "Local Development and Poverty Reduction, Enhanced Roma Inclusion" (Local Development) is implemented by the Romanian Social Development Fund (RSDF), as Programme Operator (PO), in partnership with the Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities (KS) (as Donor Programme Partner/ DPP) and Council of Europe (CoE) (as International Partner Organisation/ IPO) andis financed under the European Economic Area (EEA) and Norwegian Grants 2014-2021. The overall budget of the Programme is 82,352,941 Euro, out of wich 70,000,000 Euro EEA and Norway Grants (25,000,000 Euro EEA Grants and 45,000,000 Norway Grants) and 12,352,941 Euro national contribution.
The overall objectives of the EEA and Norwegian Grants 2014-2021 are to contribute to the reduction of economic and social disparities in the European Economic Area and to strengthen bilateral relations between the Donor States (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and the Beneficiary States through financial contributions in 5 priority sectors:
- Innovation, Research, Education and Competitiveness
- Social Inclusion, Youth Employment and Poverty Reduction
- Environment, Energy, Climate Change and Low Carbon Economy
- Culture, Civil Society, Good Governance, and Fundamental Rights and Freedoms
- Justice and Home Affairs
The Programme is covering 5 out of the 23 programme areas targeted by the EEA and Norwegian Grants 2014-2021, respectively:
1. Local Development and Poverty Reduction
2. Roma Inclusion and Empowerment
3. Human Rights - national implementation
4. Children and Youth at Risk
5. Good governance, Accountable Institutions, Transparency
Programme objectives and actions
Following the objectives of the 5 programme areas, the Programme is aiming to enhance Roma inclusion and empowerment, and social inclusion of children and youth at risk, to increase the use of social services by disadvantaged groups, to increase the knowledge of central and local government to enact good governance principles, and to increase the implementation of the recommendations made by the European Court of Human Rights for Romania.
The overall objective of the Programme is to actively contribute to strengthening the social and economic cohesion at national and local level in Romania. By facilitating cooperation and partnerships between entities from Romania and Donor States, the programme will also contribute to strengthening bilateral relations between Donor States and Romania.
For achieving these objectives, 5 specific calls for project proposals will be launched under the Programme, in the following areas: Local development, Poverty reduction, Children and Youth at Risk, Roma Inclusion, and Human Rights. Other two calls will be launched under the two Small Grant Schemes, respectively: Roma Inclusion and Local Development.
Apart from the call for project proposals, 4 pre-defined projects will be financed under the Programme, as follows:
1. "Sustainable social and education integration through sport activities" implemented by the National University for Physical Education and Sports (UNEFS) Bucharest, in partnership with the Norwegian School of Sport Sciences;
2. "INCLUDE - Inclusion of Children and Youth at Risk" implemented by the Council of Europe in partnership with Romanian stakeholders;
3. "Capacity building in the field of public governance - a coordinated approach of the Centre of the Government of Romania" implemented by the General Secretary of the Government, in partnership with OECD; and
4."Improving access and quality of services to citizens" implemented by the Romanian Association of Communes (ACoR), in partnership with the Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities (KS) and with the Association of Romanian Municipalities (AMR).