The Romanian Social Development Fund (FRDS), as the Program Operator for the "Local Development and Poverty Reduction, Enhanced Roma Inclusion" Programme (Local Development), funded by the EEA and Norway Grants 2014-2021, launched on Thursday 6 December 2018, the restricted call for proposals "Poverty Alleviation".
The call provides support for the implementation of measures to reduce poverty and social exclusion at national and / or local level, measures aimed at developing the results of previously funded projects under the RO25 Programme "Poverty Alleviation", funded by the Norway Grants 2009-2014.
As a result, the eligible applicants in this appeal are Association of the Christian Salvation Mission of Romania, Inter-Community Development Association Cluj-Napoca, Roma Education Fund Romania Foundation (REF), Institute for the Study of Problems of National Minorities, Representation in Romania of the United Nations Children's Fund - UNICEF, Community Public Social Assistance Directorate of Craiova Municipality, Community Social Assistance Department of Timisoara Municipality.
• Other categories of people who can help increase the impact of the project (employers, members of neighboring communities, etc.)
• Measures for improving living conditions;
• Other measures that support efforts to combat poverty and reduce social exclusion (such as the exchange of experience between professionals from Romanian and Norwegian entities).
It is expected that projects funded under the "Poverty Alleviation" call will contribute to at least one of the following results:
• 3 intervention patterns applied to working with vulnerable groups
• 130 cities / communes where social services for vulnerable groups will have been provided
The amount allocated to this call is € 20,000,000, coming from the Norway Grants 2014-2021 (85%) and public co-financing (15%).