ENHANCING ROMA INCLUSION AND EMPOWERMENT CALL FOR PROPOSALS
„If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we don’t live”
Launching date: September 11, 2019
The total amount allocated to the call is 16,000,000 Euro, coming from the EEA Grants 2014-2021 (85%) and public co-financing (15%). The financial allocation is channeled into 3 thematic funding streams:
- Service provision projects – 10,000,000 Euro
- Capacity building projects for existing educational / after school / day care centres – 3,000,000 Euro
- Empowerment projects – 3,000,000 Euro
The minimum value of the grant that can be requested for the implementation of a project is 300,000 Euro and the maximum one is 1,000,000 Euro.
Projects funded under the call shall contribute to meeting one or more of the following objectives:
- Increasing the access and quality of sectorial or integrated services for Roma, in the following sectors: social assistance, education, employment, health and housing.
- Consolidating the capacity of existent educational / after school / day care centres working with a high percentage of Roma children and youth.
- Empowering Roma people.
- Fighting all forms of discrimination of Roma people.
Eligible applicants are non-governmental organizations, public entities and associations of local authorities.
Depending on the thematic funding stream under which they apply, projects will address the following target groups:
- Roma people and families in vulnerable situations, at-risk or facing various forms of social-economic exclusion;
- Roma people, especially Roma women and youth, with low levels of awareness regarding their rights and participation in community life;
- Roma experts and leaders;
- Specialists/volunteers from the fields of education, health, employment, social services, public administration, NGOs etc involved in the provision of services to Roma people;
- Community members belonging to the majority population.
The eligible activities will focus on provision of integrated services (obtaining identity documents, education services, employment services, health services, improvement of housing conditions); provision of information to Roma people, especially Roma women and youth, regarding how to assert their rights, to access public services; development of Roma people individual capabilities; activities of increasing the accountability and capacity of public authorities and institutions to be more inclusive; activities promoting the local organisational capacity of the Roma persons; training of professional staff and volunteers working with Roma; awareness raising campaigns on anti-discrimination issues, targeting majority population, promoting respect of rights of Roma people, fighting against anti-Gypsysm, stereotypes and harassment; best practice exchange activities in the project field with entities from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway etc.
The recommended duration of the projects is from 12 to 36 months.
The deadline for submission of projects is December 18, 2019.
Regional informative seminars
Over 100 potential project promoters and partners participated in 3 regional informative seminars organized by RSDF in Cluj-Napoca, Craiova and Iasi, regarding the financing conditions of the Enhancing Roma Inclusion and Empowerment.
Special thanks for hosting these events to those of the Center for Urban Culture Cluj-Napoca, the Multifunctional Center Craiova and Iasi Prefecture.